Can you say Cha-Chinggg!!! Dr. Dre has been listed as Forbes Cash King in Hip Hop for 2012, bringing in a whopping $110 million from the ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ ALONE!!
Dr Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, spot on Forbes’ Cash Kings list this year — is making him one of the the richest rappers in the world. His total fortune is now estimated at more than $250million. WOW!!
Dr Dre has relied on endorsements by numerous popular musicians and celebrities to help sell his pricey earphones, which range from $150-$400. Such as, Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Will.i.am., P Diddy, Lebron James, Lil Wayne and many more;–and the result of all that star power has created millions and millions of dollars in sales. Dr Dre’s company has raked in impressive revenue numbers and have no desire on stopping, if anything–there going to get better, don’t be surprised if you see them wireless pretty soon!!
Check out what other Hip Hop Celebrities made the Top 10 Cash King’s List on Forbes….
FORBES’ CASH KINGS 2012: HIP-HOP’S BIGGEST EARNERS AND WHAT MADE THEM RICH
1. Dr Dre: $110million, Beats by Dr Dr headphones
2. Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs: $45million, Diageo’s Ciroc vodka
3. Jay-Z: $38million, record sales, part ownership of the Brooklyn Nets and deals with Duracell batteries and Budweiser
4. Kanye West: $35million, record sales and design deals for Nike shoes and women’s clothing line
5. Lil Wayne: $27milliion, record sales, launch of Trukfit clothing line and deal with Mountain Dew
6. Drake: $20.5million, record sales, nightclub ownership and deals with Kodak and Sprite
7. Birdman: $20million, co-ownership of Cash Money Records and vodka and clothing lines
8. Nicki Minaj: $15.5million, record sales, tour dates and Pepsi endorsement
9. Eminem: $15million, music rights to his previous records and live appearances
10. Ludacris: $12million, voice overs, movie roles and a line of cognac and headphones